Last edited: 11/09/2018
All headlines of or above 20 points are made with a Tracking of -15.
All text under 20 points are made with a Tracking of 0.
With two or more lines in same fontsize, the leading is the same as the point size of the headline.
If the lines have different fontsizes you have to manually adjust leading for layout.
The headline is always written with caps.
- Example of headline with tracking -15
Size of Headlines
As a rule, headline size follows these steps. There can be exceptions, for example, with very short headlines.
Creating a Dynamic Headline
The following parts of a message must be in bold or black: SAVE and XX%. The words UP TO must be in regular or light.
A line in a commercial headline is the same size throughout the line. Preferable use same colour throughout one line. Only if the line is very long and the savings need further highlight it is ok to use an extra colour. Always choose a colour from the GM that suits the rest of the line. Don’t make it too colourful. Different lines in a complete commercial headline can vary in both colour and size to create a dynamic look.
- In general the most important parts of a message must be highlighted with either: Large font, bold and/or different highlight colour. The word ALL and validity in all languages has to be highlighted with bold/ black.
- As a rule only use regular and black together or light and bold. Never use light and black in combitnation or regular and bold in combination.
Local translations of “ALL” - must always be bold/black in headlines
JCZ VŠECHNY / VŠECHNA / VŠECHEN / VŠECHNO
JSK VŠETKY VŠETOK VŠETKO
JSI VSE VSO VSI
JHR SVIM / CJELOKUPNOM / CJELOKUPNOJ
JBA SVIM / CJELOKUPNOM / CJELOKUPNOJ
JRS SVIM / CELOKUPNOM / CELOKUPNOJ
JUA ВСЕ / ВСІ
JRO TOT / TOATE / TOATĂ
JGR ΟΛΟΥΣ / ΟΛΕΣ / ΟΛΑ
Local translations of “UP TO” - must always be light/regular
JDK OP TIL
JSE UPP TILL
JUK UP TO
JRO PÂNĂ LA
JGR ΕΩΣ ΚΑΙ
Examples of dynamic headlines
- More examples of headlines
Headlines on spreads
- If the headline goes across spread make sure that there is no letter in the fold. Ok to split a word in the fold, but make sure that there is given a bit extra space so nothing will disappear in print.
- If there are many headlines on a spread, f.ex. Special Activities then make the different headlines equal sizes, so they don’t jump in sizes f.ex 40 pt for one headline and then 35 pt for the next.