Window and wall elements
Last edited: 16/11/2017
Window elements and dimming is used on the store front and on primary building sides.
There are 2 types of window decoration:
- Speech balloons – used on open windows and walls with great visibility (customer traffic)
- Mood photos – used to cover the back of fixtures mounted towards the windows
Speech balloons are primarily produced as a sign frame, formed as the speech balloon mounted on the outside of the window or directly on the building construction (wall) if no windows are available. A reversed foil speech balloon is mounted on the inside to cover the frame – both versions of the speech balloon are available from JYSK.
- If the windows are more narrow than 140 cm the frame is replaced with a foil speech balloon on the outside of the windows – locally produced
- Between 4 and 8 speech balloons should be placed on both the store front and the primary building sides depending on the length of the building
- The top of the speech balloons is placed 180 cm from the ground
When fixtures are placed up against windows these are covered with mood photos. Only photos from the following areas can be used on store fronts:
- Duvets, pillows, bed linen
- Indoor furniture
- If mood photos are needed on the store front first priority is always to show the sleeping competence on the store front and secondary to show the living competence
- Top windows can also be covered with mood photos if it doesn’t take up to much daylight from the store